Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Watching Wednesday - Containment

Containment


Okay, this post is going to be full of gushing, super-excited feelings. I love this show. Containment is seriously making its way up my favorite's list and I just need to share this with you guys so more people can feel what I'm feeling right now: trepidation, anxiety, fear, and a will to keep fighting, no matter how bad the odds are stacked against you.

For anyone now curious about Containment's plot, I'll give you a little info. A mysterious virus has broken out in Atlanta, and it has a 100% mortality rate. This has lead to a quarantine being enforced: no one in, no one out, no exceptions. Those inside are separated from their families and homes, and left to fight for their lives. Those on the outside are searching for a cure, but progress is slow and daunting. Violence is inevitable, and peace seems unattainable. 

There is an amazing cast for this show; the actors play their roles magnificently, and the characters are very interesting. There's police major Lex, who tries to keep the peace and protect his city, but this task is so much harder than he could have ever imagined. Matters become worse when he learns that his girlfriend, Jana, is stuck inside the cordon, along with Lex's police friend Jake. There's also school teacher Katie, with her son and students, and pregnant Teresa, whose boyfriend is outside the cordon. 

The separation between loved ones just makes matters even worse, and they get pretty bad. Containing the spread of the deadly virus is more difficult than imagined, and the violence inside the cordon is getting out of control. The fear and anxiety I feel are so real while watching Containmentseeing how people are in danger, how authorities are making decisions that are hurting more than helping, is scary. The despair the people inside the cordon must be feeling is terrifying.

The fact that Containment can make me feel so much is how I know this show is something special. I fear for the characters, I worry about how everything is going to play out. It's scary how real Containment is; if a virus like the one in the show broke out here, I could see real life progressing just like the plot of this show, and that's not okay. It's terrifying. Especially to see how quickly things can take a turn for the worst, and losing hope that it can get better.

I hope my feelings on this show has sparked your interest, and that you give it a watch. Containment is a limited series airing on the CW, Tuesdays at 9pm. We're about halfway through the series, so if you're interested in watching, I would check out the CW Website for episodes, or look for repeats on TV. This is not a show to miss.

*Shout-out to my sister for saving the recordings for me, and telling me how good the show is. I'm so glad I'm watching it!

Trailer Link

No comments:

Post a Comment