Thursday, January 5, 2017

Hello there ...

Hey everyone! Man, it's been awhile. I apologize for that. Between work and school, I just started to feel a bit overwhelmed, and keeping up with the blog kinda went to the backburner. But I want to get back to it, and start reviewing again. I read so many good books the past several months, and I want to share them with you. Not to mention watching some great new shows and movies, and finding some awesome albums to listen to! So, let's start with what I'm reading now ...

Don't Look Back



Okay, so I'm a pretty big fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout, or at least, I used to be. I'm finding out now that I can read her books, just in moderation, because they get to feel a bit ... repetitive after awhile. Reading a book by her every now and then? Good. Binge reading? Well, it kinda starts to feel like the same thing over and over again, just different character names. I'm not saying to not read her books, because they are quite fun, just not back to back to back. And I took enough of a break from her stories to really be enjoying Don't Look Back.

To give you some quick info, this novel is about a girl named Sam who has lost her memories after something terrible happened. Her best friend - best enemy? - Cassie is still missing, and Sam is determined to find out what happened that night. However, she's facing more complications than just lost memories. It turns out, Sam used to be a real queen bitch before and was not really liked by anyone at school, even though she practically ran it. There's also the pesky problem that someone else knows what happened that night, and they don't want Sam to remember.

To quote the end of the book info, "What if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?"

To get you guys a bit more interested, I'm going to post the first paragraph here. Creepy, dark, scary, and very intriguing, it had me hooked.

"I didn't recognize the name on the street sign. Nothing about the rural road looked familiar or friendly. Tall, imposing trees and overgrown weeds choked the front of the dilapidated home. Windows were boarded up. There was a gaping hole where the front door had been. I shivered, wanting to be far away from here ... wherever here was."

Creepy right? And it just seems to be getting better. Can't wait to solve the mystery of who-dun-it!




If you've made it this far down the post, I thank you. One more quick thing, I also have a Facebook page you can like/follow, and also feel free to follow me on Goodreads!



Enjoy this picture of a cute baby cheetah! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment